Getting You Ready
Preparing for your move can be stressful but with Tiger Moving we do everything we can to reduce and relieve that stress. With that in mind, we created this handy timeline and tips one-sheeter to help prepare.
Eight Weeks Prior
- It’s time to start preparing for your move!
- This is a good time to decide what you will be bringing to your new home.
- Sort the items you do not want to keep so you will not be moving any unnecessary items.
Six Weeks Prior
- You should be making the necessary trips to discard the items you do not plan on keeping anymore.
- This is also a good time to have a garage sale or sell items on eBay or other online markets!
Four Weeks Prior
- This is the time to book your moving company (TIGER MOVING!!!).
- This is also the time to start transferring your trash, water, power, and other utilities to the new home.
- Begin the packing process of items you do not use on a daily basis, such as decorations and holiday items.
One to Two Weeks Prior
- Go shopping for moving supplies. (See our list down below)
- Start packing. Start with items that you definitely won’t be needing.
- Start going through items in closets and extra storage areas.
- Transfer school records.
- Schedule a transfer of address with post office.
One to Two Days Prior
- Prepare a box of essential items to keep with you.
- Tape screws and all parts to base of furniture.
- Keep cleaning supplies on hand.
- Pack snacks but be prepared to eat out.
- Defrost and clean your fridge.
- Consider asking friends for a helping hand.